Porcelain Veneers are wafer-thin shells used to cover the front surface of your teeth. They are used to correct various dental problems, including discoloration, gaps between teeth, and minor imperfections of the enamel. They are also used to improve the appearance of your smile.
Veneers are thin shells made from a variety of dental-grade materials. They are used for cosmetic dentistry purposes to improve the appearance of your smile. Veneers can be used to treat many dental issues such as chipped, cracked, discolored, misshapen, or uneven teeth. They are a simple solution to resolve several dental concerns and also require a shorter healing time.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING VENEERS?
- Veneers are very strong and durable.
- They do not easily wear off or chip off, even when you bite forcefully or chew solid foods such as crackers or hard foods like nuts.
- Veneers can be customized to match the color and texture of your natural teeth.
- They blend with your enamel, making it difficult for people to spot them.
- Veneers offer excellent sealing properties.
- They will stay in place without getting displaced or slipping off easily, even when you bite or chew food or brush your teeth.
- They are highly resistant to staining.
- Even after years of use, they will maintain their original color without getting discolored.
- They are highly customizable and can be used to treat multiple dental issues such as chipped, cracked, misshapen, excessively spaced, worn out, etc.
HOW ARE PORCELAIN VENEERS PLACED?
We begin by removing a small amount of enamel from your tooth to make space for the veneer. We make sure not to remove too much enamel or weaken the tooth structure. If we have to remove any enamel, we will make up for it by adding additional composite material to your tooth before bonding the veneer in place.
We will then take an impression of your tooth using a digital scanner or hand-held tray and send it to a dental lab for fabrication. It may take a few days for your veneer to be made from porcelain or composite resin material.
When a custom-made veneer is ready for placement, we will remove any remaining adhesive material with an ultrasonic device and then bond your new veneer in place with a very small amount of adhesive. We then polish it and check its fit by placing it on various teeth until you find one that matches perfectly.
AFTERCARE FOR PORCELAIN VENEERS
It is essential that you take good care of your porcelain veneer as they can be easily damaged by an injury or other forms of wear and tear. Avoid biting into hard objects such as ice cubes, chocolate bars, etc., as they can damage your veneers. If your veneer gets chipped or cracked, visit us immediately as repairs must be done within 24 hours for optimum results. If you don't have time to visit us during regular office hours, call our emergency number for advice on how to proceed with treatment at home and when you can visit our office for further treatment.
To learn more, visit us at Helena, MT, or call us at (406) 443-6160 to schedule an appointment with the dentist and we will be happy to help.